Saturday, March 20, 2021

The script (no, not the band)

     Hey everyone, today I am going to discuss the script for our film opening. At first, I did not want a script at all as I thought it would just make everything seem too unnatural but then I realized that no script would just make the final product extremely messy. It took me a little bit to think of what conversation being had could really show the personalities of all the characters until I decided on the one below. 

This script is not one that the actors have to stick to, it just lets them know the conversation that is happening and how their characters feel about the subject matter. There are specific elements in the script that are extremely important to me which are; Betty saying sorry and really wanting August to have a good day,  James being a really private person and August being a sad person. As I have touched on before Betty has very religious parents who are extremely hard on her so she says sorry to every little thing such as being ready a few minutes after she said she would be, the second part is just to show how much she truly cares about August. James being a very closed off person showcases his youth and how he has not found comfort in himself yet therefore he does not open up about experiences and/or his feelings. Finally Augusts lines do not show her being a sad person but moreso how she delivers them and how they are extremely short, this is due to loneliness as she is somewhat new to town and her only friends are her cousin and his best friend. That is all for today guys, everything is really taking shape and I am super excited to have the final result!

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's a wrap

     And just like that, it's over. Okay, guys here is my final portion of this project, my ccr . This is kind of sad but at the same ti...