Wednesday, February 17, 2021

We've selected a genre!!

 Hey guys!! I am super excited about todays blog because I have some news for you. In my last posting I touched on how there was a certain genre I had in mind but still had to talk with my group before finalizing anything; I reached out to them with my idea and everyone was on board! So for our film opening we are creating a *drumroll* Horror coming-of-age film! Horror is my favorite genre so I instantly knew I wanted whatever we create to have horror elements involved but when I began to think more in depth about it I realized making a very dark and serious film may not be the best move. When I realized this, my mind went straight to a coming-of-age horror film as they include heavy horror elements while still having light-hearted scenes led by teenagers. This genre may be one of my favorites as I believe teenager led horror films work well as kids tend to be very curious and not make the best choices which lends itself well to the horror genre. I specifically focused on researching one movie when looking into this genre which was IT. IT (2017) was a huge success from the moment it came out, it ultimately grossed $328.8 million in the United States and Canada. Something that highly attributed to the success of IT was the dynamic between the main characters who are teenagers, their friendship gets tested throughout the film but they all ultimately grow from it. Having the leads in a film be quirky young characters is very effective as the target audience is viewers around that same age that may find themselves relating to a character. I do not have an exact clear vision of who I want my characters to be yet but I do have a few personality traits that I want at least one lead to have. I do plan on posting a blog on a very broad plot that we design and a plot touching on who our characters are; This is important to me as I really do want you guys to be with me on every step of this assignment. Alright guys, that's all from me for today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's a wrap

     And just like that, it's over. Okay, guys here is my final portion of this project, my ccr . This is kind of sad but at the same ti...