Sunday, February 14, 2021

The power of Youtube videos

 Hey everyone! Yesterday I hinted that today I was going to make another post and share a bit more information with you all, so here I am!! First of all, I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day (Personally I stayed in binging the Twilight films) Today, I wanted to touch on the research I am doing before we begin production. My team and I have not touched on what genre of film we plan to create yet so as I could not begin to look into specifics such as target audience and marketing I decided to broaden my search and research how others create films. As one naturally does I began to watch numerous YouTube videos of people explaining the process of creating a film from start to finish and I stumbled upon two that I really liked. The first video touches on how the film process may look like when one has little to no budget and it's honestly kind of inspirational too; It talks about how a super high budget isn't necessary when shooting a film and the most important thing to have is passion, if you truly want to create a project then you will find a way to do it. A huge crew or fancy equipment are just nice commodities to have but are not essential to the project, and as corny as it may sound this video actually really helped calm my nerves. As much as I don't want to admit it, I was really scared going into this project; Every thought running through my mind was along the lines of "How will this look good with no budget?" and "The quality will be so bad if shot on a phone." But now I know that if I work as hard as I can, this film opening will be everything I want it to be. The next video is less about the production aspect of creating a film but about what makes a film opening great. The opening of a movie is what's going to drag the viewers in, it introduces absolutely everything; Characters, plot, and scenery. The opening scene of a movie where viewers are introduced to the main character is pivotal as it tells audiences exactly what they must know about this person and EVERY. DETAIL. MATTERS. From the way one gets out of bed to how their room is laid out can reveal much information about one so every little aspect has to be planned out extremely strategically. This week I am going to converse with my group and try to reach a decision on what genre of film we want to create. I must admit that there is a genre of film I would love to create an opening for so I am crossing my fingers and hoping that my teammates like the idea I have created. I will check back with you guys very soon and let you know how everything is going. Bye now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's a wrap

     And just like that, it's over. Okay, guys here is my final portion of this project, my ccr . This is kind of sad but at the same ti...