Thursday, February 18, 2021

Meet Betty, James, and August!

     Hello everyone!! After a bit of discussion with my teammates we have officially created our three main characters! I want to introduce you to them one-by-one and touch on a few of their traits. First of all we have 15 year old Betty, she's extremely school oriented and feels immense pressure from her religious parents to be perfect. Next is 15 year old James, he has been best friends with Betty since they could walk pretty much, not as mature as our other two leads and struggles to find himself and who he wants to be. Our final lead is 17 year old August, she is James' cousin who recently moved to town, extremely close with James, causes Betty to question wether to listen to her beliefs or her heart. Okay so those are our characters!! If anyone reading this has recognized the names chosen odds are you're a swiftie as I named the characters after the love triangle in Taylor Swifts eighth studio album Folklore. I did this for two reasons, one being I am a huge swiftie and the second being that I truly believe she captured the teenage essence when writing about these characters and they are very well developed so I wanted to pay homage to them. 

    One thing that may sound strange to others is that I am absolutely willing to gender bend any of the leads. This is due to a very specific reason which is the pandemic, my team and I are unsure who is going to portray our characters yet and if we can only find a person of a certain gender which doesn't match the character description then the character description can change. My original plan was to have August be a non-binary character but after a bit of consideration and discussion with my group I realized that none of us know anybody non-binary and we would never cast a cisgender person to portray one. Representation is extremely important to us but as you may have realized, I didn't include any physical attributes for the characters; This is for the same reason as why I am considering the gender bending of the leads, which is that I do not know who is available and open to acting right now due to the pandemic. There are a few plot points that I also know I would love to include but I will touch on that in an upcoming post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's a wrap

     And just like that, it's over. Okay, guys here is my final portion of this project, my ccr . This is kind of sad but at the same ti...