Friday, March 5, 2021

The shot list

     Hey everyone, today I wanted to show you guys the shot list that my group and I created for our opening; Below I included the shots for the first scene.

The scene begins with our character already in the shower but first, we will do a tracking shot of sorts from the showerhead to their face to the drain and then back to the face but this time the camera stays on them for a few seconds. The shot changes suddenly and we see the face of the second character also in the shower and then the same thing happens again but with character three in order to create a juxtaposition. Now, I know that reading the rest of the shots may seem weird but it will make way more sense after editing. Here is where we plan to begin using quick cuts and including random clips of either a character's face, blood, the showerhead, etc. between the cuts. The cuts will begin to get very fast and when they abruptly stop it will land on one of our character's faces and that character will just scream; This transitions into a black screen that will say "4 days prior" Below are the shots for scenes two and three.
The first couple of clips from scene two are going to be of either one or two of our characters getting ready. We chose to include this in order to really show their dynamic to the audience as friendship and relationships, in general, are an important element for our film. This scene also tells the viewers that two of our main characters are family. The tracking shot into the car and the scenes in the car might also function as a POV shot for one of our characters as it could be a good technique to really make the viewers feel like they understand the dynamic of the friend group. The final shot of our opening is from outside the car and we see it at a stop sign and two hands holding a camera appear in the frame and begins to take pictures of our main characters in order to establish that there is a villain.  Alright, that's all for today! Making the shot list kind of made me realize that this whole project is real and any week now my team and I have to begin filming and I am going to be able to watch something I poured my heart into come to fruition.




No comments:

Post a Comment

That's a wrap

     And just like that, it's over. Okay, guys here is my final portion of this project, my ccr . This is kind of sad but at the same ti...