Thursday, March 25, 2021

The car scene (and others)

     Hey guys, this blog will be similar to my last one as I will be explaining the process behind the other scenes in our opening. We started by shooting the scene of Betty getting ready as we were using my sister's room and were unsure of when she would come back home. Everything for this scene went pretty smoothly honestly, that is until we had to film Gaby leaving the room. My sister's door is broken so unless slammed it will not close but when we had Gaby slam the door it looked very strange as Betty goes from this tranquil figure who is getting ready to slamming doors. We did a few takes where Gaby just closes the door with normal force but it was very obvious that the door was not closed correctly so we also scrapped those shots. We were honestly not sure what to do at this point until I had an idea, I would stand behind the door and when she pushes it in order to close it, I would continue to push it until it closed. We tried this method and it honestly looks perfect on camera. Next was the car scene, this one was a bit nerve-wracking as I have no experience with acting but the second Gaby, Dani, and I started practicing our lines everything came super naturally and we all made our little tweaks to the script and I honestly think only a line or two from the script remained as is. We filmed this by having Larissa outside of the car with the driver's side window being down and Lorena was in the trunk of the car, we did this in order to have two different angles each focusing on different characters. I believe that we ended up doing three takes of the car scene just so when we are editing we can see whichever looks best.  Heres a picture of Gaby, Dani, and I after we wrapped the car scene! 

After filming this scene we all just stayed talking for a little bit and even took a little snack break and then everybody went home. Guys, it is crazy to me to be talking about having filmed everything as it seems that just yesterday I was writing the treatment for this film. Anyways, I will hop back on here soon and talk about some other elements of this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

That's a wrap

     And just like that, it's over. Okay, guys here is my final portion of this project, my ccr . This is kind of sad but at the same ti...